Kerelan Haandi Chicken
This recipe serve two people and takes about 25 minutes to prepare and another 30 to cook.
- 500g Chicken (divided into six pieces)
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ½ tspn red chilly powder
- 1 cup coconut (grated)
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 or 2 green chillies
- ½ tspn turmeric
- 1 red chilly
- 1 Bay leaf
· Take a largish pan and heat some oil with the crushed garlis, chilly powder and coriander. Throw in the grated cocconut and gently saute for a few minute.
· When the cocconut has gone a dark brown, add a small amount of water, let it cool and mash together to form a thick paste.
· Heat some more oil in the pan and add the green chilly, chopped bay leaf (or curry leaf) and the finely sliced onion. Gently heat untill the onions go brown all over. Add some tumeric.
· Put in the chicken, red chilly, half a pint of water and the cocconut paste you made earlier.