Desi Haandi Mutton
Mutton (Gosht) My Grand Mom Secret Mutton Lamb Curry....
This recipe I have got from my maternal grandmother which she used to cook when my father used to visit my mom. One generation has passed, now my turn. You may find all ingredients the same as mentioned in other recipes but if you want to make it the best one then carefully read the procedure.
You will need
· 1 kg mutton
· 2 Tbsp Mustard oil
· 4 Tbsp Pure Desi Ghee(unsalted butter as alternative)
· 1 Tbsp red chilli powder
· 1 Tbsp Turmeric powder
· 1 Tbsp dhania(coriander) powder
· 5 - 6 Onions finely chopped
· 10 - 12 Garlic cloves minced
· 2 Tsp ginger paste
· salt to taste
· 1 tsp mace (javetri)
· 4-5 cloves
· 1 inch of cinnamon
· 4 green cardamoms
· 2 brown cardamoms
· 8 - 10 black pepper
· 3 - 4 bay leaves
· nutmeg 1/4 tsp
· Ginger juliennes and coriander leaves- for garnishing.
· Pressure Cooker heavy bottom
· Wok- heavy bottom.
Lets make it:
Take pressure cooker add oil, once oil is hot enough add a pinch of salt.
Add onions wait till it becomes translucent in texture.
Add ginger and garlic paste stir for 3 - 4 minutes then add chilli,turmeric and dhania powder.
Salt as per taste(remember you have added a pinch earlier).
Add very little water to avoid paste from burning or sticking. Cover with lid (no pressure and keep stirring).
Finally add mutton and mix well keep stirring for 10 mins now add one and half cup of water.
Close with lid and wait for 3 - 4 whistles. (Mutton should only be 60 % cooked).
1. Now,take mace (javetri),cloves,cinnamon,cardamoms,brown grinder and grind them till you have a powdered texture.Keep It aside.
2. Meanwhile, cooker will be open to ready(don't take out steam).
3. Take a Wok/Kadai add pure ghee/butter and add above powder(which we just made in grinder).
4. Keep mixing well over slow heat now take out only mutton pieces from gravy in cooker.And keep mixing well with in Kadai for about good 15 - 20 mins.
5. Gradually and slowly keep adding mutton gravy kept in cooker in kadai and keep mixing on low flame.
6. Finally put all the mixture from wok back to cooker and check mutton should be 80 % cooked.
7. Give 2 - 3 whistles.
8. Your Mutton is ready Garnish well.
Serve with Rice or Naan and Onion ring salad.