500 gm asparagus (about 4 bunch, break the stems off leaving about 4" long)
2 small onions
1 large garlic clove, sliced into thin matchsticks
3-4 green chillies, sliced diagonally into strips
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp Herbs and spice masala mix (or use garam masala)
Salt to taste
2 tsp oil
1. Slice up the onions thinly.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds and turmeric powder; fry for 20 seconds. They should become a darker shade of brown.
3. Add the sliced onions and garlic, and green chilli strips (if using), and stir-fry till they begin to turn translucent, about 5 minutes.
4. Now add the asparagus and stir it in. Let it cook on medium-high heat, stirring once in a while.
5. Once the asparagus is cooked and the onions are nicely browned, add the tomato wedges.
6. Stir-fry on high for 2-3 minutes or till the tomatoes JUST begin to soften. They should not get mushy. Add the Kitchen King/garam masala and salt to taste, and mix it in. Cook the okra for another couple of minutes. Serve warm with chapaties and any dal.